Fun Facts About Alicia
• Born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
• At age 8, Alicia attended The Philadelphia College of Arts Program for talented and gifted students for her drawing and painting.
• Played the clarinet for Howard University’s Mighty Bison Marching Band in her freshman and sophomore year.
• Didn’t know what a bedpan was when she entered nursing school.
• Graduated college, got married and took and passed her Registered Nurse Nursing Boards within three weeks.
• Married her high school sweetheart.
• Got caught in the middle of a hurricane while on a cruise ship in the Caribbean.
• Nursed in a violent offender prison ward, was chased and threatened by a 6 foot 3 inch, 300 pound schizophrenic patient (it took 5 guards to subdue her), and witnessed a stabbing at a nursing station during her nursing career.
• Conceived, created and implemented The New Birth Project, an outreach initiative for abused women and their children. 43 homeless, domestic violence survivors received job skills, spa treatments, make-overs, modeling techniques, clothing, meals for the day and counseling. Their 154 children played games, participated in rap sessions, breakfast, a pizza party and received toys and gifts.